|Title:||Systems Engineer (Border and Coastal Surveillance)|
|Location:||San Diego, CA|
Forward Slope currently has an opening for a Systems Engineer to join our team. This position is located in San Diego, CA.
FSI is seeking a Systems Engineer with subject matter expertise in all aspects of border and coastal surveillance systems. The candidate will support the architecture development and detailed design, integration, installation, testing of, and training on border and coastal surveillance systems, primarily on international projects tied to Foreign Military Sales (FMS) cases. Technologies and disciplines will include (but not be limited to) radar, EO/IR cameras, AIS, IP networks, LTE, microwave, HF, VHF, UHF, SATCOM, and common operational picture (COP) software.
- Conducting site surveys and evaluating requirements and determining optimal system architecture
- Overseeing and performing installation (i.e. hands-on experience) of sensor, comms, and other equipment
- Conducting AoAs and developing recommendations on use of specific technologies and OEM equipment
- Detailed design to include aspects such as viewshed analysis, network mapping, frequency spectrum allocation, EMI, CONOPs, etc.
- Developing CDRL documentation to include architecture documentation, site surveys reports, CDR packages, and Test Plans and Reports
- Testing and troubleshooting systems
- Developing training materials to support training of end user (e.g. host nation military)
- Minimum B.S. Degree in Computer Science or Engineering field (such as computer engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering)
- Experience with and detailed knowledge of COTS border and coastal surveillance technologies
- Experience planning and performing systems engineering analysis related to border and coastal surveillance
- Must be willing to travel out of the country for several weeks to austere locations (such as Africa, Eastern Europe, and Asia) (estimated 20% travel)
- Candidate must have an active Security Clearance at the Secret level
Forward Slope is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disable
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: