|Title:||Cyber Security Analyst|
|Location:||San Diego, CA|
Forward Slope Inc. is an advanced technology and engineering services provider established in San Diego in 2002 serving the DoD and Enterprise customers. We are recognized as a quality engineering firm driven by a commitment to superior technical leadership, collaborative work environments and a customer-centric culture. We have been selected by the San Diego Business Journal as one of the Best Places to Work in San Diego for multiple consecutive years. We are seeking a fast-learning, organized and self-motivated Cyber Security Analyst to join our growing IT team and support or information security and compliance projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, implement and monitor cyber security measures for protection of on-premises and cloud-based networks and information systems.
- Monitor security dashboards and review security logs on a regular basis
- Review, analyze and remediate network, system, and application data/telemetry, malware, and other cyber security and incident response related data on a regular basis.
- Perform regular systems security scans, analyze results, and maintain records of such scans and analysis.
- Review cyber security controls and ensure compliance with specific regulatory frameworks and standards such as:
- NIST 800-171
- Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Test and evaluate the effectiveness of current systems, tools and plans used to protect our information systems and develop and implement plans to address any deficiencies.
- Review and evaluate software, hardware and network tools that can enhance the overall cybersecurity posture of the organization.
- Work with system owners and other stakeholders to manage cyber security requirements while minimizing disruption to business operations.
- Stay up-to-date with evolving regulatory and compliance requirements as well as advances in the cyber security industry and contribute to the improvement of the cyber security program.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Engineering, or related scientific or technical discipline (or equivalent combination of education/experience)
- 2+ years of direct relevant experience in Information Systems Security or Information Assurance (preferably in a DoD environment).
- Experience in Windows and Active Directory network environments.
- Ability to obtain a DoD SECRET security clearance
- Experience with Microsoft Azure, Microsoft 365 and Microsoft cloud-based security tools such as Azure Sentinel and the Office 365 Security and Compliance Center.
- Experience with SIEM / Log Analysis tools and processes.
- Experience with Vulnerability Management and EDR tools.
- Strong understanding of networking fundamentals, TCP/IP and other core protocols.
- Knowledge and experience with the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publications (particularly NIST 800-171).
- Knowledge or experience with the Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC)
Forward Slope Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disable
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: