|Location:||San Diego, California|
Forward Slope Inc., currently has an opening for a Risk Manager to join our team. This position is located in San Diego, CA.
The Risk Manager will be part of a Government led team, supporting senior government leadership in researching, assessing, and updating risk management policies, processes, guides, and related requirements across SPAWAR/PEO’s. Key tasks include:
- Gather, research, and interpret core documents and reference material [DoDI 5000.02 (Change 2), DoDI 5000.75, DoDD 5000.01, DoD RIOM Guide, SECNAVINST 5000.2E, FAR/DFAR, relevant SPAWAR Instructions, etc.].
- Assess DoD, DON, and SPAWAR/PEO risk management requirements and governance.
- Identify requirements, including deficient and/or misaligned gaps, in current state.
- Capability of facilitating the risk management team discussions across various disciplines to include risk analysis and risk identification.
- Support risk management team through action item tracker and status updates.
- Develop whitepapers or briefings for risk process improvement or better risk integration.
- Provide analysis and recommendations for higher-level guidance compliance and improvements to current state in order to develop updated risk management policies, processes, and guides.
- Eight (8) years of relevant experience working with SPAWAR, the PEO’s, and/or the DoD.
- BS/BA from an accredited University required.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of DoD risk management policies, processes, and guides.
- Knowledge of industry best practices in risk management.
- Experience with execution of the risk management process in DoD.
- Experience with DoD and DON risk management tools (e.g., Risk Exchange, Risk Radar, etc.).
- Knowledge of COTS products for integrating risk analysis and schedule development.
- Demonstrated experience with risk databases.
- Previous experience with DoD acquisition programs.
- Ability to manage risk evaluations, mitigations, and recommendations.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Experience with scheduling in Microsoft Project or Primavera.
- Advanced research and writing skills.
- Ability to synthesize complex information and communicate it in a relevant way to different audiences (both written and verbal).
- Strong ability to work independently, without direct oversight.
- Extremely flexible and able to rapidly shift priorities as the environment changes.
- Must possess a current Secret Security Clearance.
Forward Slope Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disable