|Location:||Stennis Space Center, MS|
Forward Slope Inc., currently has an opening for a Software Engineer to join our team. The position is located in Stennis Space Center, MS.
The Software Engineer is responsible for providing software and systems engineering support for technical solutions associated with the collection, processing and exploitation of assured, relevant, and timely oceanographic, meteorological, hydrographic, precise time and astrometric information. Additional responsibilities include:
- Works from specifications to develop and modify operating systems applications.
- Assists with design, coding, benchmark testing, modeling, simulation, debugging and documentation of programs.
- Responsible for applications generally dealing with utility programs, job control language, macros, subroutines and other control modules.
- Works on most phases of software systems programming applications, and may require instruction and guidance in other phases.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a curriculum or major field of study which provides substantial knowledge useful in managing large, complex software projects, is closely related to the work to be automated, and/or in a computer science, information system, a physical science, engineering or a mathematics-intensive discipline, or an applicable training certificate from an accredited training institution.
- Two (2) years of increasingly complex and progressive experience in performing systems analysis, development, and implementation of business, mathematical, or scientific settings using a variety of information technology resources.
- Experience with current technologies and, where required for the task, emerging technologies.
- Experience writing software in a Linux/Unix environment.
- Software development with scripting languages such as: *nix shell, Perl, and Python.
- Use of code repository systems (SVN or Git) and industry recognized configuration management concepts.
- Use of standards and engineering principles when developing software.
- *nix based editors (vi, emacs) and command line tools/utilization.
- Data processing using batch job scheduling system.
- Web Application development.
- Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) development.
- Background in scientific programming and numerical methods.
Must have a current and active Secret clearance
Forward Slope Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled